Well groupies, it seems that blogging isn't really what anyone is about anymore. To those of you consistent bloggers out there I say thank you! Blogging is great to break away from the monotony that is my day and enjoy some updates from my favorite peeps.
So here's the skinny. I will be brief.
Water retention. No biggy right? Wrong. Yours truly has been diagnosed with edema. Can I get a What What? What? What is edema you ask? Well basically its where my el bodio doesn't get rid of water like a normal body and likes to hold onto it causing my widdle feet to become puffy and uncomfortable. Yikes. It usually goes away but the past month it has been frequent so I went to the el doctor the other day and she says I have a REVERSIBLE (thank heavens) stage 1+ edema.
The treatment you ask? I can be cured! Great news! The recipe to the new edema free me is: water (not drinking empty calories as my doctor put it), exercise (5 times a week for a minimum of 30 min.), a low sodium diet (didn't realise how much Na is in everything! How do people do it? I suppose I will do my best), oh and dropping 70-100 lbs (5-10 Lbs. a month). Yep you heard it! Doctors orders as a matta of fact.
The worry? Two things. The first is blood work. Edema is often a sign of a much more serious problem, such as kidney failure and/or diabetes. So I went back today and got some blood drawn. The Dr. said she'd call me if it's anything serious, otherwise they will just mail me the results. Knowing me, and my incredible lack of patience, I will probably call her. Better to know than to wonder right?
The second thing is fear of failure. What if I can't lose the weight? What if I have caused irreversible damage?
I do have faith in Heavenly Father, and I pray that things will be alright. That He will give me the strength do overcome my weaknesses... Sigh.
Wow. This was a total Debbie Downer post. But hey it's whats goin' on up in h'r so back off!
Kisses.
5 comments:
That's rough. If you need any advice on losing the weight, I am loaded full of info. and encouragement. Don't worry too much. I know you can do it.
Cheri, So sorry to hear this, but I know you can kick it (no pun intended!) You have always amazed me with what you can do! Have you thought of meeting with Cara, David's wife? She is a professional nutritionist and knows all kinds of secrets to making "healthy" food taste yummy! I'm sure she'd love to hear from you. We love you and support you fully on this new journey. You'll do great!!!!!
I'm sorry to hear about the edma. I hope the blood work comes back with good news. As for losing weight it's tough (like you didn't already know that- duh!), but possible. I'm trying really hard to recover my body so I'm with ya if you ever want to call someone and swap advice or just vent pick up el telefono.
I'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way! Love you mucho!
Thanks everybody! I sure love you all!
It will be a slow journey I am sure, but a pound at a time is what i have to keep reminding myself!
Post a Comment