Hey guys!
I met with the doc yesterday to review my blood work. Everything looks great! All my red and white blood cells, my kidneys, my liver, my sugar levels etc... are all ship shape! So luckily there is no chance of diabetes or kidney problemos! HOWEVER, she did find a little something wrong with my Thyroid. Apparently it's a really common problem called hypothyroidism... which is basically a fancy term for an under productive thyroid. I didn't realize all that this wonderful little part of our bodies does for us, but the thyroid is an intricate and vital part to our bodies regulation. The thyroid regulates everything from your metabolism, oily/dry skin, your temperature, and mood, to how babies develop. Basically I get to take a wee pill every day for the rest of my life to regulate what my body isn't doing naturally. She also said that taking care of the ol' roid will help regulate the water retention problem too! YAY!
So the plan is lotsa wata, exercise (Ad and I just signed up for a 3 year membership at the Gold's Gym), watchin my sodium intake, eating/cooking healthy meals combined with portion control which will hopefully lead to the losing of about a billiondy pounds over the next year... oh that and taking a wee pill everyday and getting my blood drawn every 6 weeks to make sure that the dosage of my 'roidacious medicine is correct for my body! Yay... i think?! I am just happy that with the weight loss, the majority of these issues will be bye bye. Maybe one day the old roid will be regular again and I will be pill-dependant free!
Here's to hopin'!
1 comment:
Hey girl! Just read all your posts and I'm sorry! That does suck...but I also wanted to tell you that you can do it!! You sounded a little down on the last post and just wanted to say that you are amazing and you can do it!! I also wanted to tell you to look into Weight watchers. Their plan is amazing! I have had so many friends have huge success with it and it lets you eat regular foods without giving up certain things like carbs and sugar, etc! Good luck!
Love,
Holly
Post a Comment