I worked on this event for the Scouts and the chairman of the event a Mr. McDougal, decided to honor me with a certificate titled "The Worlds Greatest Secretary" and a gift. What is this amazing nifty gift you might wonder? I mean, after all it has to be a gift befitting the "Worlds GREATEST Secretary" right?! We shall see!
You see there is nothing wrong with giving gifts, and there is nothing wrong with giving gifts with a slogan or phrase, ensignia of your place of employment, (i.e. when the Scouts give gifts its perfectly normal for it to be 'Scouty' in theme or have a fleur-di-lis etc. on it). Well, Mr. McDougal gave me an ice cream scoop. That's normal right? Sure! What's disturbing is that Mr. McDougal runs a mortuary!
On the back of my scoop it says "“Service measured not by gold, but by the Golden Rule. Best Wishes from McDougal Funeral Home." Are you serious! Like I want to think of corpses as I scoop into my Mint-Choco-Chip? Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment