Friday, August 1, 2008

Paradox


Is life a paradox? Or is it just me? I have discovered something about myself in the past few months...many of you may have already known this about me, but to me it was a revelation (for lack of a better term). I have determined that I don't make sense!

You might be wondering what has brought on these new insights? Well, I will tell you. Cupcakes. Simple yet ever so complicated cupcakes. How is it that I can be a person that enjoys cake, but doesn't enjoy cupcakes? They are made of the same ingredients, the same package, the same sprinkles on top. One may even argue that the cake to frosting ratio of a cupcake is superior to that of ordinary cake, and one might further suggest that the cupcake is more aesthetically pleasing than regular cake...

To these arguments I say: "Your Right. And yet. I am unswayed."

*Sigh*. I know, I know. It doesn't make sense. If anything, I should be the other way around, loving the cup of the cake over the basic rectangular or square cake pan... *double sigh*

Like I said...a paradox.

3 comments:

Ash said...

that cupcake looks good.

ps. yes he used the words "birth canal"

sad panda.

Shannon said...

LOL! I loved that you blogged about this!

I remember when we first discussed this. I was so confused, yet, knew that it was you so it was ok ;)

Marci & Matt said...

Cheri, your distaste for cupcakes is a major blow to me. We ought to have your mental health evaluated. Love you anyway!

*Marci*