Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Wien Waits for YOU!
America is my country, and VIENNA is my hometown! The other night at 10 pm when the young adolescent males of the Millstream Ward flooded my home for a sleepover and game night, I fled to my parents home in an effort to escape the noise and testosterone! When I arrived my sister Vicki was there along with her friend from Graz, Osterreich was visiting! I cannot even express how homesick I was for Vienna as I sat and spoke with Vicki and Monica! Monica had her two sons with her, one 6 yrs, and one 9, and it was so so grand hearing German being spoken and allowing myself to indulge in old memories! Vienna was seriously (aside from marriage) the BEST time of my life! I saw and experienced so many wonderful things and made life long friends whom I love with my whole heart! I am surely feeling homesick right now, even though I am technically home! Vienna girls: Ich Liebe Dich!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My mom is going in September! I am so jealous.
Ich liebe dich too!!
Aw, I'm jealous of Ani's mom too. Sometimes I hear people speaking German--randomly downtown or on a movie or show--and it makes me want to go back so bad... it also makes me wish I could remember how to speak it. sigh.
Oh and Cheri, I love your blog! You're so entertaining! Thanks for the link.
Post a Comment