Hello my fellow blogites! Now that Adam is back in school, Cher has a little too much time on her hands. I have gotten a few guilty pleasure books (5 to be exact) out of the way and now am ready for some more! But I can't decide which book shall be next. This is where you as blog readers come in handy!
I thought perhaps a visit to the classics would be rewarding... the candidates are as follows:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
What is your vote? I welcome any suggestions you have! Bring on the reading!
6 comments:
Cher! What a great list. My vote is for either Screwtape Letters, which I am currently reading, or Monte Cristo, which I want to read but have heard is a difficult one to tackle. SO, what I'm trying to say is, pick one of mine so that we can discuss together! Love ya!
Ah Marc! I totally love you! I would be happy to read both with you as I have never read either!
The only one I have read is the Count of Monte Cristo..which is way good! But uber long...I hate to admit i did not finishe, and that never happens to me! Let me know which one you pick!
My vote is for Frankenstein...always a good read. :)
Definately Frankenstein. It is just amazing. Not all gory and halloweeny like you would think. I've recommended it to many because it is so fast paced (I read it in a weekend, and that never happens), you have so much compassion for that poor monster, and the framing of the story is just unreal. Honestly, I haven't read any of the others, but think of it this way, it will be a great book to jump start your reading. You'll want to keep going. Let me know how it goes, because I'm absolutely positive that I've convinced you.
Oh, and Great Expectations just left me wanting so much more at the end. I'm on the fence on Dickens. There are parts that move a little to slowly, and others that are gripping. Another recommendation: The Scarlet Pimpernel. Fabulous. And The Lord of the Flies. Loved it even more the second time. K. Go read.
Post a Comment