Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Of Note...

You know how you wait and wait and wait for your peeps to update their blogs and when they finally do they express how busy they've been... well... this is not one of those times! I haven't been to busy. No time hasn't just flown by. And no, not much has been 'happen'n in the hansen household' (alliteration points please). However... in case anyone, seriously anyone? cares what's been going on here is the 411, the gist, the haps, the skinny, the low down and so forth...

1. I'm doing this in list form because? BECAUSE I want to.
2. Adam was made a manager at ol' UPS, therefore he starts earlier and ends later than before (9 pm - 4 am). Translation=Cheri has a lot of alone time. Let's be honest, being alone 5 out of 7 nights is not only creepy, but boring.
3. We went to Yellowstone over the weekend and it was gorgeous as usual! We left as soon as Adam got of work and arrived at noon on Saturday. I caught a huge fish (it was the biggest out of everyone's, but who's bragging... oh wait... it's me...). We saw the sights, fished, and watched a mama grizz and her 3 bebehs roam the beautiful Hayden Valley. I have never seen a grizzly with cubs, let alone 3, and so this pretty much rocked my socks. Sadly we left at 11 am on Monday so Adam could be home in time to shower and get to work by 9 pm. Boo. It was a whirlwind trip but so worth it. Side note: I just found out that as a 'bsa' employee, I have access to our properties for fweeee. This means, I can take peeps and stay at the cabins in Jackson Hole and run the river for free not to mention all the other fun things they have i.e. kayaks, zip line etc... I wish I had known this sooner 'cause that's pretty much awesome.
The ladies at artist point - Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
Adam & I at Tower

The Buffalo almost killed us...



Tower Falls













4. Last week whilst I was typing away at my desk I felt what seemed like a little pin prick on my arm. I automatically looked down to see this unidentified bug on my arm. Seriously NO ONE in my office had a clue what type of bug this was. It's body was small like a mosquito, but it didn't have wings or anything that looked 'stingy'... honestly it looked like a microscopic caterpillar. Any way ever since then I have had this bump on my arm that looks like a blister. tmi?  It's kinda freakin' me out and hasn't gone away. Seriously though, who get's bit by a bug at their desk? That same night while picking raspberries I was bit 5 times by mosquitoes, and I'm pretty sure one spider. I hate creepy crawly things so you can imagine this was a particularly horrifying day.
5. I'm old. I honestly go to bed by ten these days. Sometimes sooner. I can't even count the number of times people have called/text me at 9:30/10 and I am already in asleep in bed with an open book in my hand.
6. I have started reading the Harry Potter books with my sister(s) for our book club and I am LOVIN' them. I know... I am waaaay behind this 'trend', but they are honest to goodness fun summer reads. I have only read the first book, but I'm excited for numero dos.
7. I miss seeing my peeps. Adam and I used to have bbq's all the time at our house during the summer. The last bbq we had was on Father's Day. Also, I have been very spoiled over the years with my cutest friends. I have kept in touch with so many of them since high school/college and it was very rare for us all to go a month without at least getting together once for dinner/book club/someone's birthday/or other random celebration. Sadly we just haven't gotten together in what seems like years... though I know it's only been less than two months. Perhaps it seems longer to me cause I'm a lonely old social soul? Probably! Ha ha.
8. Along the lines of missing people, the last of my Vienna gals are moving away from me. I hope more than anything that we will stay in touch and that our paths will cross again! Speaking of Europe, my cute mama and papa found out today that a couple dropped out and they get to go see the Passion Play in Oberammergau, Germany! They have been on the waiting list for months and finally today a spot opened up! Oh how I wish I could be a stowaway! I am even more jealous that their tour begins in Athens, Greece. Oh how I hope to go there one day! They also go to Italy. Le sigh. My cute mama has never been to Florence or Rome and I wish I could go again and experience it with her.
9. I'm tired now. It's 11 pm... which is waaay past my bedtime.
10. Nighty night!

6 comments:

Adam and Cassie said...

We are moving to Salt Lake and we love BBQs :)

Shannon said...

YAAAAY! You blogged! Pretty sure this made me smile more than once or twice..I may have even let out a little chuckle!

ALSO! WHAT THE HECK?! We need to take advantage of your hookups!! So, when are we going to Jackson Hole? LOOOOOVE YOU!

Brandon and Jenn said...

You have been busy-- reading Harry Potter! The first time I read the series it took up weeks of my life (but so worth it!). I'm sooooooo sad that we didn't get together for lunch while I was in town last month. I'll be up soon again, though, so we'll have to take advantage and make it happen! Lots of love and squishes.

Anonymous said...

Really? We totally get the hook ups in Jackson Hole? I think I need to take advantage too!! Lovin the BSA at this moment! Glad you had a great trip, by the way. And thats so cool about Adam.

Ash said...

I am in TOTAL agreement with Shan!! YELLOWSTONE HERE WE COME!! YEAH?!?

Mindy said...

1. I'm writing this in list for BECAUSE it makes sense
2. My bro-in-law works at UPS. maybe Adam knows him. His name is Steve Gray. He's kinda weird though...
3. I'm glad you only saw the bear family, and was not eaten by it.
4. Maybe it was a desk bug...like a bed bug, but a desk bug. Just put some cortisone on it, and life will be peachy
5. I wish I was in bed by 10 pm. That's my goal every night...but I usually don't make it, which just makes me really grouchy the next day
6. I read the Harry Potter books this time last year. I read them while covering the high hchool football 2-a-days for work. The coach would constantly make fun of me in front of the other kids. It was weird being ridiculed and embarrassed by high school people when I was 24 years old. Good books though.
7. I am a lonely social soul...almost all the time since I moved to the Ohio.
8. I hope to be a Vienna friend that is moving BACK to Utah. we'll find out in January if that'll happen. Oh, and my parents are going to the Passion Play in Oberamergau in 3 weeks. I'm excited for your parents (and jealous)
9. I'm tired, and it's only 8pm here
10. Nighty Night!