I have ALWAYS been that girl. Ya know? The girl that has always been working tirelessly for a goal such as "graduation" or a vacation, or even the completion of a class or a project. I like the anticipation life brings. I like the accomplished feeling at a job well done and the fulfillment that comes from, ya know, contributing to society or even just to my home. But what does one do when life comes kinda to a 'yield' or '4-way stop"? I know that in the distant future Ad will be done with school, we will have our very own furniture that matches, home decor that is not from 1950 and a family, or at least I hope so. I know that the Lord has a plan for us, but I guess I feel like maybe I don't know how to read the blue prints.
So tell me. Am I a complete control freak and need to just 'ChiLLAx'? Do I need to brush up on the meaning of faith and have a more "it's in the Lord's hands" attitude? Or is it normal to come to these pauses in life and freak out? Sigh. Perhaps the answer is in door 1, 2, and 3? Or perhaps the answer is door 4 and the Sudafed Cold n' Sinus is getting to my head?!
Is it normal that you can feel perfectly content and happy but then people will tell you to keep a positive attitude you automatically want to rip their head off? Just asking...
2 comments:
I don't think it is too weird to freak out during pauses. I feel that way (in a much smaller sense) when my baby girl naps. Wait...no baby?? now what! It's strange to be following a plan a schedule and then get done with it.
My only advice is to embrace it! Take it as a well deserved break from working tirelessly towards your goals. Just take a breather. :)
I think those comments were also a bit for me, but I hoped they help you, too!
Even if God has a plan for each persons life, he won't just drop everything on our doorstep. I also think that sometimes there could be a lot of potential choices and God trusts us to make that decision on our own. I guess what I'm saying is it's totally normal to freak out when life pauses. It gives us a chance to figure out what we really want. I am with you in this limbo land and it completely sucks, especially when it feels like everyone around you is moving forward. I wish you all the luck in the world and yes wanting to ripe off heads in this situation is normal.
Post a Comment