the houseboat (summer sanctuary)This past weekend was monumental! "Why?" you may ask. Well, the last time I was in Lake Powell I wrecked (more like damaged) one of our rented wave runners. I was young. Much too young to be driving a mega machine by myself and that experience I suppose has scarred me for many years. Any who! After an absence of 16 years I went back to Powell with the fam this past weekend and luckily this time I did not cause any harm to the boats/wave runners/houseboat/ skis /wake boards/tubes etc... SUCCESS! And the best part is the entire Vreeken family was there which was a first in 3 years! All 28 of us on an awesome houseboat for a few days! Ad and I could only join them on Saturday-Monday but it was absolutely SPLENDID! I have tons of pics but haven't uploaded them yet, so these pics posted are from my sista.
the boys (nephews: jakers, dj, zach, tanner)!
the girls (nieces: holli, kiley, bella)!
hangin out at the back of the boat (my sis shelli, niece kelli and brother jd)
It was Adam's first time being to Powell and I do believe he had a blast! He particularly loved the new wave runner turbo's courtesy of the Cooks as well as wakeboarding, tubing, and skiing (pretty sure the only thing he disliked was the fact I wouldn't let him go cliff jumping).
For me the best part was the company! I don't get to see 3 of my siblings and their families very often so the best part was just being together! The houseboat was AMAZING and I am convinced this is the only way to do Lake Powell! Though they never check this blog, I just have to say thank you's to Mumsie & Dad, J & Mar, Vic & Der, Shells & Gar, Cinders & Rustoner for a WONDERFUL end to this summer! When we look back on this challenging and hard year, this will certainly be the highlight! Thank you for convincing us we couldn't miss out and for giving us a literal summer sanctuary (ironically the name of the boat)!
No comments:
Post a Comment