Monday, May 11, 2009

Naming Your Child 101.

Occasionally I think we all come across names that make one wonder "What were that poor child's parents thinking?!!!"

Well, here at the Scout Office, we come across more than our fair share of 'special' names. Some of our previous findings include: David Pettagrew Huffaker Fitz. ALL ONE NAME, and his brother, Skyler Pettagrew Huffaker Fitz. That my friends is a huge name for one person. Not to mention that it sounds like a character from a Dr. Seuss book. Some others are: Orangello, Dow Jones Jr. and the list could go on and on!

Well I think this name takes the cake for parental stupidity: La-a. Say it with me now La-a. Feel like your singing? Well, we had to call the parent of La-a, asking for a correct SS# and when we said that it was for "La-a", this parent FREAKED out! Saying "I don know whys ya'll can't pernouce 'er name. It spelt jus like it sound: Ladasha." SERIOUSLY! I kid you fellow blogger's not. This is as true as it gets! This woman actually believed that people would sound out the hyphen in her child's name! WOW! Wonders shall never cease to amaze!

6 comments:

The Kari said...

HOly crap. I could laugh ALL Night about that! I think I will! La-Dash-A? WHo in their right mind actually puts that on a birth certificate? Obviously there was either an excess or lack of medication when it came to the day this woman named her child. WOW. That'll be hard to top.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Love it! You'd be surprised what people name their kids. I ran across some pretty choice ones when I was teaching.

Thorpe Family said...

LOL!!! This is the greatest name I have EVER heard! Tops the charts for sure!!!

Derek and Vicki and family said...

Cher - Thanks for my daily laugh!! I knew I could count on you!!! Love ya, vic

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

Hey Cheri! I found your blog through Kari's - I love this post! That is so hilarious. And I thought I came across some weird names at WGU....

Jenny Bay said...

THAT is hilarious!