Monday, February 9, 2009

What if...

Well, I have procrastinated blogging for the simple reason of photos. Why is this? It's not as if I am particularly photogenic (as these frightening elementary classroom pictures posted by some random individual on face book will attest to... sigh...***shudder***). I guess the photo craze is due MAINLY to my completely VISUAL learning model, and SECONDLY that one of my favorite parts of blogs is to SEE what ya'll have been up to. ALAS! I am still photo free... due majorly in part to my terrible laptop which I am hoping will be going "Bye, Bye, Bye" soon! Sob story over! Moving on!

So! The past week in 60 seconds!

CONCUSSION: Last Monday Adam received a doooosie of a concussion after running down our stairs. TWO HOURS after the initial 'impact' to his cranium he called me at work saying he'd "been out for 2 hours and was fine." Me thinks No my friend! Two hours of unconscious rest does not equal a worry free nap! So I rushed home from work. One visit to the ER and one CT Scan later, Ad has a concussion and a headache which is deemed to last for 3 weeks. No bueno, but we are so grateful it wasn't worse! So Adam has been a dizzy, muffled hearing, headache-ing mess for exactly one week! YAY...er not. He is going to be FINE though which is key.

Aside from concussions, I got my hairs cut by the talented Miss Marci and then got together with our FantasticallyFallontheFloorLaughingFriends on Saturday night! We played games till about 2 in the AM and my abdominals are still sore from the laughter that ensued!

Lastly but certainly not least: There is a new chorister in town! Woot WOOT! It's about TIME gang! Not that I haven't LUUUVED singing these solos weekly but I am grateful that I will have a week off here and there to uh I don't know... get to know some other peeps in the el-wardo. Plus... it's tiring to try to find ways to teach songs to kids each week... 10 minutes just isn't enough time to teach multiple verses to a song or play a game, and half the time my 'teaching ideas' fail miserably. Gladly the 'heckler' is gone (<--yes, I had a wee child that enjoyed heckling the music leader) and is now one of Adam's Deacons! Ha ha ha this leads me to my last little story:

Last weekend before the Concussion incident, the young men went on a camp-out. Saturday Adam and the guys went sledding and the little heckler was going super fast down the icy hill and refused to put on his breaks or turn. He slammed into 2 trees and hit perfectly so that his head became wedged between the two trees. He didn't have a concussion or anything folks I am not THAT mean, he just hit with enough force that his chubby little face became stuck between the two woody masses until the Scoutmaster could push the trees apart for him to be free. I know. I am going to hell. But that Karma... she is one funny gal!

Love you all! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

jenny said...

so.. i just saw that you have a book club-! and that you just read the book thief..

i thought that that book was amazing.

just had to comment because no one else i know has read it. =)

hope all is well.

Shannon said...

HA!! I love he got his head caught between 2 trees! Thank heavens it wasnt worse...but what are the odds?!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! Oh that heckler sometimes you just want to smack him don't ya? I am sorry about Adam's head! Poor guy! I am SO glad that you now have a break from Primary because we all NEED to be with adults every once in awhile. Ohh that post makes me smile....

Brandon and Jenn said...

I can just imagine the tree incident. Too bad someone didn't video tape it-- the kid could be a utube sensation! I hope Adam recovers quickly.