WOW! I feel a bit ashamed that I have allowed my blog to be stagnant for over a month now! How boring is that? Well I will try and be brief… (is there such a thing???).
Thanksgiving was awesome! We went to Colorado to be with my fam and it was lovely! The day after Thanksgiving the gents competed in a paintball war extravaganza! For Ad's birthday his dad sent him this Full-Head Paintball Helmet... which Russ and he decided would be even cooler covered with some serious camo-fringe! This led to the camofication of his gun barrel! I was pretty impressed! All the guys looked awesome and Russ totally dominated in his ultra swamp-man guille suit!
The kids went to the pool so my 2 sisters and I competed in Ultimate 80's Trivia! I, the youngest of all, completely dominated... well at certain points... It was mostly a group effort!
My Family + Quads + Snow + Trees = THE ANNUAL CHRISTMAS TREE HUNT! Adam and I got such a gorgeous tree which to our great pleasure kept all of its needles for the entire Christmas season! Truly a Christmas miracle!
December was a whirlwind! Things built up very fast and it was difficult to keep up with everything happening (Thank you Megan for everything! You saved my life multiple times!). We had a fun baby shower for my dear little Marci McDaniel! Complete with the most awesome of ugly baby shower games: Jeopar-baby (Adam helped with the questions… which led to an interesting game of trivia), Diaper something game (candy bars + diapers = grossly hilarious), and lastly the Bottle-drinking contest which yours truly won by a ridiculously HUGE margin… ;)
This Christmas season was certainly not dull! The week before Christmas Adam’s Mom and Glenn (step-dad) came to visit us from Georgia along with Adam’s newly married sister Angela and her husband Dustin. Poor Angela is newly preggo and wasn’t feeling well at all, but we managed to go to a family Christmas party, visit the lights at Temple Square, and have an early Christmas Eve with them before Adams Mom and Glenn left to visit Glenn’s family in Seattle.
The day Mom & Glenn left for Seattle, the rest of us (Angela, Dustin, Adam and I) drove all night (as Celine Dion once sang) to Phoenix to be with Ma & Pa Hansen for Christmas! It was a wonderful time and it is always great to get closer to Adam’s family as we don’t get to see them very often (especially my 19 yr. old bro-in-law Daniel! He is just a doll and a total crack up)! The best part was my new iPod! My hubbie is the best!!! And thanks to his little side-kick Marci Ferre, it came loaded with songs for our million-hour drive home!
We spent NEW YEARS EVE with my family which was really fun! We did the annual taste test, this year was marinara and lemon-lime soda. Just so you know SPRITE & 7 UP were not even in the top 3! The favorite lemon-lime soda was the generic Wal Mart brand “Twist-up” with second runner up “Shasta”. The best marinara sauce was Classico brand. We played BUNCO and rang in the New Year with some bubbly! Alright… it was just Martinelli’s but it was delicious! And we also had a great White Elephant (I am beginning to think though, that children should NOT be allowed at a white elephant as we had to hide half of them from their innocent eyes). I think the favorites of the night was FLAME Body Spray (with accompanying WHOPPER) and the Motion Censored “Farting Angel” tree topper… yes it really does make special noises when you pass by.
NEW YEARS DAY Adam and I went with our dear friends Nick & Kari and Nick’s brother Wes and his wife Renee and her little sister shooting! It was quite fun (a little packed) and I shot Wes’s awesome AK74. It was a lot of fun to hang out with Adam and do something that he really enjoys! The day ended with a Viennese Dinner at my parentals to celebrate their upcoming trip to Germany, Vienna, and Prague in March! SOOO JEALOUS! I have been homesick for Vienna and can’t wait to go back… one day…
I hope that everyone had a glorious Holiday Season. It’s always sad to see it go but I am getting super good vibes about 2009 (I’ll send good vibes your way for making it through this freakishly long post)!
There is much to look forward to and much to be grateful for. Love you all!
4 comments:
Man, you guys had a ton going on during the holidays. Maybe it is a relief to be able to slow down a bit?!?
I sure can't wait to see all of my beautiful friends soon, especially you!
That was a most satisfying update! It sounds like you had a great holiday season.
Are you alive and kickin? How are you?
Love to you Cher Bear! We won't be "seeing' you until April. But I'll think about you when I'm eating a HUGE weiner schnitzel in Vienna!! Wish you and Adam could come too!!
Post a Comment