Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks

There is much to be thankful for in my life. I thought I would name a few that have been of the most influence the past week.
I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ! Without the savior and his amazing sacrifice I am nothing. He is my light. My redeemer. My brother.
I am thankful for the opportunity to serve in the church as a little primary chorester. Music is my passion and I love being able to teach the gospel through song. The song I chose for November was "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me". The words to this song always make me cry when I read them.
I am thankful to be a daughter of an amazing lineage. I have always been proud of my family and how close we all are. I have always been proud to be linked to "The Freak'n Vreekens". And echoing my sweetie Adam's sentiments at Thanksgiving dinner "I am thankful that our family enjoys each other so much". They are my best friends and are SO hillarious and SO funny! I think it's rare to find a huge family that can gather together in one place for four and five days and have no conflicts! Just lots of laughs and lots of fun!
I am thankful for a beautiful and working vehicle!!!
I am thankful for Ad, Addie, Adalaid, Adkins, Adel, Big A, ADAM!!! You love me and for that I am eternally grateful! You are an amazing example and work incredibly hard! Your sweet, funny, and have so many interests which makes it easy for you to relate to people and to be around! You will be an amazing father (NO this is not an annoucement) and I super super love you!
I am thankful for awesome friends. I have an amazing group of friends and I am thankful that we are still so close and that Adam has found close friendships with some of their husbands!
I am thankful and proud to be an American! I am thankful for the freedoms that I enjoy everyday because of this wonderful land which we live. I am thankful for all of those amazing individuals past and present that have sacrificed, died, labored, and prepared the way for our liberty and freedom.

Thanksgiving is such a special time of year, and what better holiday to fall in direct coorespondance with the celebration of our savior's birth than one that asks us to recognize His hand in all things?

Happy Holidays everyone! Much Love!

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenn said...

Guess what? I'm the primary chorster (did I spell that right?) as well. We should bounce ideas off of each other. I love the sugar doodle website!