"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all." - Thumper from Bambi
"Therefore all things awhatsoever ye would that bmen should cdo to you, ddo ye even so to them..." - Jesus Christ (Matthew 7:12).
Noticing a theme?
Here are some of the lessons I learned this weekend:
Lesson 1: Relationships are fragile. "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." - President Thomas S. Monson
Lesson 2: Once something is said it cannot be unsaid. Much to my dismay.
Lesson 3: Honesty is not always the best policy.
Lesson 4: Just because I (you/we/they) may think or feel something, it does NOT therefore make it true.
Lesson 5: Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you... I've heard this all my life and when not followed the consequences, I can once again attest, are painful.
Lesson 6: Kindness. There is not enough "right" in the world to compensate for not treating others with kindness and love.
What powerful, painful, inspiring, and motivating lessons were learned this weekend.
I hate confrontation. What I hate most is even if I feel/think I am in the right, being 'right' does not feel as good as being kind does. The unkindness that took place, took all the joy out of being 'right'. I can feel/think/BE right all I want but others should not be hurt as a result.
I've repented. I've gone to the source and taken responsibility for my actions and apologized. I felt better initially; but I am on my 3rd night of not being able to sleep. Though I did not directly cause the event which prompted all of these lessons, I added logs and fuel to the fire. A fire which was used to 'torch' someone publicly and cruelly. Someone I didn't think I thought highly of, and intern think much less of myself.
Adam thinks I'm crazy. Maybe it's a guy thing? They don't internalize/analyze/dwell on their actions as much as girls? Sigh. Maybe it's more than guys? Maybe I'm a freak people pleaser that can't stomach the idea of hurting others?
As Mr. Knightly would say: "Badly done
2 comments:
One thing I have always LOVED about you is the fact that ARE so loving. Allowing yourself to interlanize/dwell on things I dont feel is a curse. It is a blessing and a wonderful attribute Heavenly Father blessed you with. It may seem bothersome at times, especially when you dont want to care, but it is what makes Cheri Cheri and one reason we have stayed such good friends for so long.
That being said, I feel some girl time is in order? I sure miss you and feel there is so much to get caught up on! (obviously!) Loves ya cher!
Oh Shan! You are as always being much too kind. I love you and am grateful for our 10+ years of friendship! We need to be together soon! Next week?!!?
Post a Comment