Once in awhile I get overwhelming impressions and most of the time am so in awe of them, I'm never quite sure how to transform those impressions into something audible or legible. Saturday was one such day. I stayed out late the night before dancing and getting drenched with three of my darling friends at the Rascal Flatts concert (best birthday surprise ever).
Morning came much soon and I was off and running the moment my alarm went off. When I returned home I was supposed to wake Adam for our Saturday errands.
I walked in the room and propped myself up on one of the pillows; preparing for 10 minute shoulder shaking game as I try to wake him up (I'm not kidding when I say I could literally shoot a gun and he wouldn't stir). As I went to wake him I looked at his face. He was facing the window and the sun had perfectly saturated our bedroom with warm light. He looked so peaceful and I just sat there watching the shadows of ivy leaves dance accross his face. In this moment I became so overwhelmed with how short our time is on this earth. Maybe it's the pre-birthday blues, but I felt such urgency that time was literally being stripped from my body and yet I felt immovable desiring to stay in that moment, watching him rest from all his daily cares. Time is so fleeting. I want to capture it and be still.
I walked in the room and propped myself up on one of the pillows; preparing for 10 minute shoulder shaking game as I try to wake him up (I'm not kidding when I say I could literally shoot a gun and he wouldn't stir). As I went to wake him I looked at his face. He was facing the window and the sun had perfectly saturated our bedroom with warm light. He looked so peaceful and I just sat there watching the shadows of ivy leaves dance accross his face. In this moment I became so overwhelmed with how short our time is on this earth. Maybe it's the pre-birthday blues, but I felt such urgency that time was literally being stripped from my body and yet I felt immovable desiring to stay in that moment, watching him rest from all his daily cares. Time is so fleeting. I want to capture it and be still.
1 comment:
Love love LOVE this blog Cher. I too have to remember to just sit and relax for a moment sometimes. I feel like I am always so rushed every minute of every day. I even feel rushed as I am sleeping sometimes. Even realizing that Sohie is 2..2!! freaks me out a little. Where did my little baby go?
I think we (especially as women) need to take some time to breath and just enjoy life, ya know?
Love you!
Post a Comment