Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simply

With the dawn of a new decade so must the dreadful task of resolutions. I say dreadful because it seems like there must be a better way to start off a new year, nay, a new decade than with impending failure. Which, up to present, have been my attempts of resolution making and keeping. Me thinks my resolutions in the past have been of the too broad, too cumbersome, too much of the set-me-up-for-immediate-failure variety. So, this year I have decided to focus.
The Vision: Happiness in where I am in life and also where I am going.
How will I meet said "Happiness"? Well, I suppose you'll just have to keep visiting the ol'blog to see.

Start small I keep telling myself; so, I thought I'd list my current favorite things:
1. My latest accessory for this winter is the 'Crochet Headband'. Both cute and functional in these oh-so-cold Salt Lake winters. I think I shall go back and buy one in black...
Something sassy and unique to wear = happy cher.
2. Steamed Dreams found at The Greenhouse Effect. Hot chocolate is great, but I dare say a Steamed Dream is better. Don't believe me? Try it out for yourself!
Delicious vanilla steamed dream = happy cher.
3. Belts. No, not your brother's braided belt from 1993, but cute chunky belts worn over a long sweater or shirt. L-O-V-E. These puppies have made-over my drab work outfits.
New wardrobe accessories = happy cher.
4. Knee length boots. It's hard to find long skirts anymore. Are they even in style? I honestly can't think of the last time I saw someone in a long skirt, but I digress. Anywho, knee length boots are simply a winter godsend. Cute St. Nick brought me a pair of brown and black boots! Love him!
Boots to cover up my white legs = happy cher.
5. Mr. George Forman... grill that is. Mr. Hansen bought me a huge lean mean fat grilling machine. It has been lovely cooking more than one chicken breast at a time.
Less time cooking = happy cher.
6. Books. Currently reading Pride and Prejudice (for the nth-teenth time). Just finished Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins and wish I didn't have to wait until August for book 3. Why oh why are all the fun reads turning into series?
$50 gift card to Barnes and Noble from dearest mother-in-law = happy cher.
7. Art. Hubbers bought me this gorgeous print of Jack Vettriano's called 'The Singing Butler'. I love the colors in this and the lines.
New set of Prismacolor Pencils = happy cher.
8. Music. I don't like blogs that have the music starting automatically. It always catches me off guard. BUT I love the music and will sometimes minimize my blog at work and listen to the tunes.
Good tunage = happy cher.
9. Movies. Mr. Hansen loves his movies. Seriously he is obsessed. I can't think of a single movie he hasn't liked. Love him. He makes it super easy to watch anything from Anne of Green Gables (shhh, don't tell him i told) to 300.
Spending time with ad when he's not studying or talking about cars = happy cher.
10.Lastly, but certainly not least are my dear friends and family. I don't get to see either of them very often, but when I do it's glorious.
Being with the gals = happy cher. (why oh why has it been so long?)

HaPpY LoVe MoNth EveRybOdy!


3 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

This post=happy Lauren. Cute format and I like the things that make you happy. And, can I just tell you how happy I am to get to read your blog!

Cher said...

Lauren Lauren Lauren! I sure love you! I was at this small movie theater in Salt Lake and they had Kinder Buenos and I thought of you!
cute lauren = happy cheri

Marci said...

Love you Cher! You always have the sweetest posts. ps love the new layout! It makes me happy marci.