This past Sunday we went to my parentals for some good old fashioned Sunday Dinner which is always enjoyable as it is usually the only time Ad and I get to see the fam :) As we walked in the following converstaion insued:
Me: Hey Shellster! How have you been?
Shelli: Ugh, its been a rough week...
Me: Did smoke come out of your stearing wheel?
Shelli: (now laughing) What! SMOKE came out of your stearing wheel!(now...the whole family is laughing)
Me: Yes...little puffs of white smoke coming right out of the stearing wheel. Now what happened to you?
Shelli: Let's just say that we had an 'Adam and Cheri Moment'
Me: OH dear what happened!?
Shelli then proceeded to tell me that they had some random and expensive misgivings that week totalling $1100. After hearing Shelli's sad tale, I couldn't decide which was more sad...her week or the fact that unfortunate events have now been labeled "Adam and Cheri Moments". To be sure we have had our share of 'moments' and thought hey for laughs we'd share some of them with you (notice how pretty much all of them are about our cars!):
1) OUR ultimate Adam and Cheri moment to date was our near death experience with Cottonwood Towing. Our radiator inconveniently went out on our way to go camping and so we used our good old AAA to be towed down the mountain. We waited for over two hours for the tow truck...which apparently could only go 12 mph up hill. When the tow truck arrived it had smoke coming out of it and the aroma of burning clutch filled the air. We had to wait for 30 minutes to cool off the tow truck!!! Anywho...so when we went to load on the blazer, it was bigger than the tow truck and the front wheels of the tow truck began to lift off the ground...we somehow got it loaded...but it was a TIGHT fit. Our adventures sadly didn't end there...The seatbelts didn't work and as we came down the canyon, the driver informed us that the emergency brake wasn't working... As we came out of the canyon and onto a busy road that leads to the freeway entrance the driver informs us that the breaks are completely out and we are heading for the red-lighted intersection and the tow truck doesn't have a horn!!! By a pure miracle we zoomed through the intersections barely missed cars and running into a fence! Due to all of the swerving through traffic and onto grassy knolls, we came to a stop. After the freaking out stopped, we had to unload the blazer, and wait for 2 tow trucks. One for the tow truck and one for the blazer. I am still bitter if you can't tell!!! I know our Heavenly Father was looking out for us--when I think back on it I am amazed that we made it through alive!
2) Our latest experience of smoke coming out of our stearing wheel.
3) The ever constant clicking nose that should only happen when your turning signal is on, has for the past year, been a constant fixture of background noise...
4) On a hot August day as Adam and I were leaving my parents home we heard a crackeling and popping noise. We looked around and couldn't figure out what it was until we both turned around and saw our side-rear/back window spontaneously combust! Shattered class...fabulous eh?
5) 4 weeks ago as I was sitting in the kitchen doing some homework when I saw a little puff of white smoke...I looked around trying to remember if I had lit a candle and turned back to look at our dishwasher that had smoke billowing out of it! Talk about random...needless to say our 40 year old dishwasher died.
6-10) In less than a year Adam and I used up not only my AAA tows (4) for the year but my parents as well! Luckily they gave Adam a membership that restocked us for the rest of the year.
"Adam and Cheri Moment"
Use: (adj.)
Definition: An unfortunate event resulting in untimely LARGE expenses, possible bodily harm, and spontaneous combustion of any type of mechanism...car, dishwasher, etc.
Stay tuned for more Adam and Cheri Moments to come...
3 comments:
LOL! Oh cher...They really are "Adam and Cheri Moments!" I'm so glad you can laugh about it now...although I am sure it was difficult to do so when it happened :D
Wow, Cher! I had no idea. We'll really have to sit down and chat when you get down here. (If of course you haven't already left). I sure hope that we get to see you guys. Your story was so entertaining, yet so sad. Crazy. Take care.
I LOVE CHERI AND ADAM! I love that you have your own adjective now too :). I mean, it's sad how it's come to be, but how great is it? Maybe it'll make it to Wikipedia! :) Glad you guys are okay after all your technical difficulties!
Post a Comment